Wednesday, April 7, 2010

My Mediterranean Mood












Today I was exhausted and took a relaxing nap for two hours. In the course of the nap I had a dream about the Greek Isles and the Mediterranean Sea that inspired my post today. I'm dying to get over there and experience coastal Europe's finest region. The water is so perfectly blue, I want to go and stand on the rocky cliffs and feel the salty breeze on my face. I want to see the sun sparkle off the sea, and see the tiny fishing boats rock gently with the flow off the tide. I want to stand at the acropolis and look down upon the city of Athens and imagine what the ancients saw so many thousands of years ago. I want to have an old lady with a wrinkly face and crooked nose to shout something in Greek at me in a crowded market place. I would love to taste the cuisine and drink wine generously among locals. I want to buy white plaster buffs of the Greek gods and feel myself believe in the legends associated with each one. I want to hear the bouzouki, the Greek guitar (similar sounding to a mandolin) gently strung by romantic hands. And of course, I want to wear a pair of Versace sunglasses with the Greek crystal symbol shimmering under the hot sun. Hmm... sounds like a plan to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment