Sunday, December 5, 2010

The Wonders of Wine


What is it about a glass of wine that makes one feel so...good? Surely, one could say the alcoholic contents but one glass is not enough to give even a remote buzz, so why the lovely feelings? Tonight, as I sit here on this very chilly December night in my bathrobe and white zinfandel I find myself quite content. Life has been rather stressful with this semester wrapping up along with holiday preparations, and tonight seemed an appropriate occasion to sit in with a glass of wine. I'm about to get started on french, revise a brief essay and write a summary of a presentation my group and I will be doing tomorrow afternoon for Eighteenth Century British drama and prose, but I don't yet find myself overwhelmed. Somehow this wine is telling me to relax, do what I know how to do, and everything will get done. I'm not certain this will be the case in the next few days when things really start intensifying but I'm going to go with that for now! Bonne soire mes amis, et acclamations!

No comments:

Post a Comment